2020 Vision - Our Priorities For The Year Ahead
Updated: Sep 23
There is much work yet to be done to ensure the safety of tower blocks throughout the UK. From unsafe cladding, to structural deficiencies - we are calling on the government to immediately implement a robust plan to make tower blocks safe.
Our top priorities for 2020 are:
1. A National Inspection of all tower blocks, prioritising those with dangerous cladding, or of Large Panel System form of construction
2. The installation, including retrofitting of sprinkler systems
3. The removal of all types of combustible cladding
4. Evacuation plans in place for all blocks, whilst the Stay Put policy undergoes review
5. A genuine voice for residents - Regular meetings between the government and tenants and leaseholders, and funding of independent advice.
Whilst we continue to campaign on these urgent matters. We will be undertaking further work this year to support tower blocks residents to raise their concerns more easily and more effectively. Find out more about our project here.